I used this technique a few months back to make a large amount of wax seals for a wedding invitation suite and thought it was a great time-saver worth sharing in a small DIY tutorial.
photos from Paper-Source
After purchasing my selected seal design, I just assembled simple tools (glue gun, wet paper towel and aluminum foil) and went to work. Glue Gun Wax is very easy to work with, is available in a large assortment of colors and can be used with any standard glue gun. You just want to make sure you carefully clean out the wax when completing your project so it doesn't colorize any glue gun projects you have in the future.
- Step 1: Insert your selected Glue Gun Wax into a warmed up glue gun
- Step 2: Push trigger on glue gun and pour about a dime size dollop of wax onto foil
- Step 3: Insert your seal into the center of the dollop. Press down and leave for approx. 30 seconds
- Step 4: Gently pickup your brass piece, seal will need some additional time to set so be careful not to touch it.
- Step 5: Clean off brass piece by gently wiping with moistened paper cloth.
- Step 6: Repeat steps 1-5 until you have enough seals completed for your project.
- To finish: We recommend using round seals on the backside of each waxed piece. It's sticky on two sides and will firmly affix your seal to the finished paper.