I'm always spending time on Etsy searching for cool vintage accessories, whether searching for new ideas or items to decorate my home with and recently found seller Blue Bird Heaven who takes vintage letterpress type drawers and converts them into jewelry displays.
It got me thinking... what if you wanted to use these drawers as a cute vintage escort card display? Could be really cool for a rustic or loft style wedding!
This project is definitely for the DIY-inclined and may take a little more time than the average project, but the results could be well worth the effort.
- Type drawers: the number of drawers you need will depend on your guest count. We recommend leaving a cubby hole for each couple / single guest on your list.
- Paper for background: various papers in a color palette of your choosing. You can use scrapbook papers, old gift-wrap or wallpaper.
- X-acto knife (used with a self-healing cutting matte) or scissors if you're more comfortable cutting with these.
- Heavy-duty double stick tape
- To save yourself valuable time, be sure to pre-measure all the cubby holes in your type drawer. This is the most time-consuming part of the project and you don't want to leave it for the days before your wedding to be cutting out 150 rectangles of paper.
- Once all your holes have been measured, give each hole a number and determine which pattern of paper you'd like for each hole. Measure out each hole size on your selected paper and cut out. Number the back of your cut piece for the hole it corresponds to.
- After you have your seating chart finalized, you should begin writing guests names and table numbers on each pre-cut rectangle. To make it easy for your guests, be sure to place names in alphabetical order (by last name).
- Place the coordinating piece of cut paper rectangle into the matching hole with double stick tape.
- Admire your brilliant job and enjoy!
Drawers can be found on eBay for around $15 - $50 or try keeping an eye out for them at your local flea market.