Not interested in the usual flowers for your reception decor? Looking for an uncommon centerpiece solution? Below are a few unique ideas that will wow guests at your wedding celebration!
1. Mini - Cakes. Instead of flowers in a vase, consider using individual cakes at your reception tables. The mini-cakes serve as both decoration and dessert for your guests. Ask your baker to make small cakes, one per table, to serve the number of guests seated there. Dress up your cakes with ribbon or flowers. Photo via Martha Stewart.
2. Balloons. Oversized helium balloons and bakers twine can be used to create a look that is "simple and unfussy", but also incorporates a flair for creativity. Photo via Brooklyn Bride.
3. Fruit. Collect hurricane vases and apothocary jars, and fill them with fresh fruit. Add ribbons in a similar (or complimentary) color to dress them up. You can even continue your fruit theme into the favors and place settings too...Photos via Martha Stewart.
4. Greenery. While often used for "fillers", greenery can make a beautiful statement on its own. Use ivy or herbs to create topiaries, or simply plant them in a pot or basket, for a centerpiece that's appropriate for ballrooms and garden receptions alike. Photos via The Knot, Brides, and April Joy Events.
5. Ornaments. For a festive holiday wedding, use ornaments for your centerpiece. Assemble a collection of cocktail glasses and vases (or mix it up with a few larger hurricane vases as well), and fill them with various sized of ornaments. Place on top of a mirror or cake stand for an added effect. Photo via Martha Stewart.